Friday, December 31, 2010

Anniversary Card


Stampin Up is doing a challenge where new demonstrators have to create a card using only items from their starter kit. Unfortunately for me, most of the items in my starter kit ended up being discontinued (I joined before the color renovation). So, I was very limited in what I could use... The I {Heart} Hearts was the best stamp set from my kit, so I decided to make an anniversary card. It was very hard for me not to be allowed to use any ribbon or punches...My kit also didn't come with any black cardstock, so I just rubbed my whisper white cardstock on my basic black ink pad and made my own black paper (and now I need to order a basic black reinker...). Some of the newer demonstrators did receive some ribbon and buttons in their starter kits so I know I don't stand much of a chance. But it was still fun to be challenged and have to come up with something new. I'm glad that SU changed the starter kit this past July. Anyone joining now gets a better variety of products than I did when I joined (not that I'm complaining, I got lots of great products too!).
I hope you had a Merry Christmas and I wish you a Happy New Year!

Supplies:
Stamp sets: I {Heart} Hearts and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Whisper White and Real Red
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Versamark

No comments:

Post a Comment